Lesson # 3
- Only one person leaves the rail…prefeeding the tack and helping the chute go up the middle of the boat
- Chute always comes out the bag.
- Do not leave the rail until boat flattens (especially if pinching to the mark)
- No panic, no rush
- Halyard and pole out happen together
- Jib trim (amount that it is eased) is important
- Get hands on the foot of the sail, then halyard
- Sail trim needs to match the turning angle (don’t trim in too early)
- Tactitian helps with mainsheet
- Looks like most boats release tack line and halyard once the gather has begun – deal with the pole later.
Share this Post
← M24 via “You Tube”: Light air Gybing