Lesson #1 – Tacking
- Light to medium – Note how crew does not go immediately to the high side but just spins in the legs…ready to move together to high side to flatten.
- Tactian helps with traveller when 5 person crew.
- Note outhaul: We may have this too tight sometimes in light air
- Notice how little rudder the driver uses…crew is turning the boat
- Hold the roll (roll tack) in light air see how they aggressively hold the weight to leeward then flatten together
- Crew on rail are all together and forward!
Share this Post
← Race video: Sep 25th 2013